Monday, February 11, 2013

Another Day Spent In TERA

Yeah, pretty much all day today. I made it as far as Akasha's Hideout, where I made the mistake of trying it solo and getting obliterated pretty quickly. I did the whole Core series of missions and just about all the side missions along the way.

I also tried instance matching for the first time today. That was actually a lot of fun. I haven't done a lot of grouping in this game so far but I must admit I was having some big fun with it today. Nothing like teaming up with a bunch of people you just met to go take on some BAMs. It took us the better part of three hours to get through the Golden Labyrinth, but we did have a lot of fun doing it.

I also made it up to level 49 in the process and got some pretty nice gear too, most of which I'll be able to use once I ding 50, most likely sometime tomorrow. It is just me, or does it seem that the higher level the armor female toons wear, the tinier those outfits become? Right now, my toon is wearing an outfit that not only seems to defy the laws of physics in terms of being able to stay on her body, but would also probably get any woman arrested who tried to wear it in the real world outside of a strip club. Oh, those nutty Koreans. I can't wait to see what the outfit I picked up today in the dungeon looks like when I hit 50 and can put it on. Shit, she's practically naked already!

I'm still really looking forward to Issue #6 of TSW, but that's not expected to drop until the end of the month, which I think really sucks. Basically that means it'll have been almost a month and a half between issues, and having a bought a six-month membership that doesn't thrill me. At least I have TERA to keep me busy in the meantime.

I'm playing a Slayer and I'm having a lot of fun with her. I'm planning to level her up to 60, maybe do some endgame with her, but next time around I think I'm going to try a Warrior. I generally go for the DPS classes in these kinds of games, but just playing one class can get boring after a while. I suppose we'll see. As a Founder, I get eight character slots and so far I've only used three so there's plenty of room to experiment.

I've also started crafting my own healing potions. This can get a bit expensive, but nothing compared to how expensive it is in Aion. It's also a hell of a lot faster than in Aion as well. The more I play TERA, the less motivated I am to return to Aion. I've popped in now and then, but the truth is that I'm just having a lot more fun with TERA right now.

The story in TERA is getting better as well. I wasn't too impressed early on, but there have been some decent twists and turns recently. I'm well past where I took my first two toons now, so it's all new. It's still nowhere near as deep as TSW, but I am looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Alright, that's enough for now...til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment