Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Time To Get This Party Started

Hello!

I created this blog a while back, but never actually did anything with it. Now, I've decided that the reason I created it in the first place is the very same reason why it's time to start posting on it.

What the heck am I talking about? Follow me here, dear reader, and all shall be explained...

Thing is, I write a lot, and a lot of what I write is about gaming. It's not even close to all of what I write about, but it's a good chunk of it. In my (usually) non-gaming-related writing, I talk a lot about transgender-relevant issues...yes, I am a transsexual woman, so let get that out of the way right now so we can move on to the important stuff...and I also host an Internet radio show on those topics. That stuff appears on sites such as The Bilerico Project and The Huffington Post but my writing about gaming has been a bit more scattered.

Until now, I've written gaming blogs focused on specific games I've been playing at the time such as Eve-Online Star Trek Online (for about five minutes, not worth linking), and Fallen Earth. Thing is, I tend to switch around a lot and often play several games at the same time. Right now I'm subscribed to three different MMO's. I have a lifetime subscription to newly free-to-play Star Trek Online, I'm currently a paid subscriber to the also newly free-to-play Fallen Earth (until at least June anyway), and I'm a paid subscriber to the about-to-go-free-to-play Aion.

These days it seems like every time I get involved with an MMO and start paying money for it, the game goes free-to-play shortly thereafter. I've decided to start this blog so I can have one central blog where I publish all my writing about gaming. I'll probably continue to publish at Fallen Earth Bloggers for a while yet, at least as long as I keep playing that game, but I also want to write about other games when I feel so inclined, hence the creation and start of this blog.

I know there are other sites and blogs called ADD Gamer, but I really don't care. The title is accurate as well as descriptive. I do, in fact, have ADD. I was diagnosed with it as a child. It's something I've dealt with for just about all of the nearly fifty years of my life, and it definitely plays into how I game. I'll probably end up talking about that a lot here in addition to posts focused on the games I'm playing. In addition to MMO's I also play lots of single-player games, and I'm sure I'll talk about those here as well.

As for what you can expect to find here in the immediate future, I think my first actual gaming-related post will be about the game I've been playing the most these days, Aion. Keep an eye out for that over the next few days. As for after that, who knows? Depends on what I'm playing, what I feel the need to spout off on, what big gaming news happens to catch my eye, and really, whatever I'm in the mood to write about.

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll stick around...it's about to get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment